The dog came in from outside with mud on foot and scars everywhere. Your son spilled his milkshake in the living room. You worked in the lawn and walked in to take a shower without taking your shoes off. These cases and more are a regular type of incident in our homes.
You’ve set up your superb newish laminate floors, and you’d like to keep them looking shiny for years to come. Cleaning your floors is a key stuff in keeping them over time for cleaning. You’ll need a basic set of tools and solutions. We’ve done the query and can give you some formula on how to clean your laminate safely and nicely. Scrawl down for our tips on the best way to clean laminate flooring.
How to clean laminate floor
When you have laminating floor sometimes it gets scratch or warp. To save your laminate floor from scratch or wrap here we have share you some tips and tricks.
Don’t use unknown or harsh chemicals
To clean the laminate floor some people use harsh chemicals that create a streak and also damage their laminate floors.
Use a dry mop or vacuum cleaner
As usual cleaning purpose, you can use a dry mop or a vacuum cleaner.
Here we have discussed some key points are notable to clean your laminate floor.
Laminating floor overall cleaning process
Regularly vacuum or sweep your floor
- Use your home cleaning tools like sweeper, vacuum or dry mop.
- You can use floor cleanser like Black Diamond Wood & Laminate Floor Cleaner for the small section of floor.
- You have needed just a few drops of cleanser to clean it.
- When you want to use a mop to clean your laminate floor, do not use a wet mop, only use a dry mop.
Use a solution of vinegar and water and it’s a tricky way to clean your laminate floor
- Mix 40-50 ml of vinegar with 3 liters of water.
- Take the solution into a spray bottle and shake it properly.
- Then spray the solution on your laminate floor.
- Use a dry cloth to wipe out all dirt.
To removing stains, use window cleaner
When you need to clean any tiny portion of your laminate floor use spray cleaner on it then wipe the floor with a microfiber mop.
Remember this is important to use specific formulated commercial or homemade liquid cleaner for your laminate floor.
- To shine your laminate floor and prevent from dullness, you shouldn’t use cleaners like soaps, oils, shampoo or any other unknown chemicals.
Door entrance use floor mats
Usually, most of the people use door entrance for their house, it is not just a part for welcoming guests. Floors mats are very useful to retain dirt, dust, mud, debris and other unusual particles.
If any spills clean it immediately
People use the laminate floor for its smoothness and durability. This is important to maintain its dryness.
If there are any solid food spills on the floor, immediately pick it up with a towel or spoon. If any liquid, puddles or spills then pick it with a towel or clothes.
When laminate stays wet for a long time then it could be wrapped or damaged.
Some important points you should remember
- Never polish or wax your laminate floor.
- Don’t try to use scrubbing pads or abrasive cleaning pads.
- To avoid furniture scratches use protective pads for furniture.
- Try to avoid water-based cleaning system.
Cleaning the laminate floor with vinegar
One of the common problems with laminate floor cleaning is, as usual, laminate floor cleaners left behind sticky reside and that attracts dirt and dust.
So, this is a good idea to make homemade floor cleaner. Here we have given you a short and quick recipe to make perfect homemade laminate floor cleaner with vinegar.
- You have needed 3 ingredients: i) White vinegar, ii) Rubbing alcohol and iii) Water.
- Take 900 to 1000 ml of water and pour into a water pot or bottle.
- Mix ¼ cup (60 ml) vinegar.
- Mix ¼ cup rubbing alcohol.
- For more cleaning power you can use 4-5 drops of essential oils.
- Shake the bottle or water pot properly with all these ingredients.
- Take the solution into a spray bottle and spray your laminate floor for cleaning purpose.
- You can use this mixing with your mop.
Homemade laminate floor cleaner
Now I’m going to tell you how to make homemade laminate floor cleaner.
Usually, laminate floors are not very sensitive, but manufacturer advice you don’t apply harsh chemicals on it.
Any hardwood flooring company and services who usually install laminate floor they suggest you don’t use vinegar and water to clean your laminate floor.
But you can use vinegar and water solution if you know the right process to use it for your laminate floor.
When you think about disinfectant your laminate floor then vinegar could be your ultimate choice. It’s not harsh and it has the ability to get rid of odor smells.
The good thing about using vinegar and water you can clean all of your floors like tile, wood and laminate floor.
Homemade laminate floor cleaner recipe
- At first, take a splash of vinegar in your bucket.
- Then fill the bucket 2/3 portion with water.
- Mix one cup of essential oil for extra cleaning power.
How to clean laminate wood floors without streaking
If you have a homemade laminate floor cleaner (like homemade vinegar solution) then get any kind of mop that you normally use to mopping your floors.
Make sure that it’s rinsed out really well and don’t to put any harsh chemicals on the floor. Confirm it will dry quickly. The vinegar helps it to dry quickly so that’s the best way to do it vinegar and water solution.
Laminate surface often contains grooves, making it more difficult to clean it in a normal way. Through natural cleaning solution, clean your laminate floors without leaving streaks by using a microfiber mop or spray bottle, apply your solution to the floor. Dry your floor as soon as possible, be sure to remove the footprints that you left behind. For sparkling floors, repeat this process every other week.
Mix distilled water and white vinegar inside a bottle. Shake mixer before use. Add in a little amount of an essential oil. You can mix a little bit lemon if you bothered by the odor of vinegar. This solution can be used for a few weeks without losing its clean energy.
Using apple cider vinegar is the same sanitizing outcome as the white vinegar.
As usual, cleaners tend to leave fewer residues and have a lower line trend than their commercial counterparts. However, be aware that the solution for the laminate is available in most home stores.
Black Tea Solution
Make a cup of black tea, and mix the water. Wait until the tea is cold, pour a spray bottle for use. Shake the mixture well and use it quickly. Be careful do not store this solution.
How to use the solutions
- To avoid footprints or other errors, spray the entire room.
- Spray a little bit of mixer on to the cleaning pads. Light spray over the floor, take a look at the floor that does not dampen. Overmuch mixer on your floor may cause warping and streaking.
- After pouring the floor with the cleaning mixer, drag your mop straight into the wet place. Apply a level of pressure, do not do much in less than anywhere else. Wait a bit later, well check out that, there is any wet place left on the floor.
- Dry up the floor. Go back to where you started and start the drying process, as early as your completion applying the cleaning mixer. Hit the back and wipe the floor with a dry cloth to pick up the moisture.
- If you want to clean with microfiber mop for the drying stage, be sure to use a clean pad. Unless you will place another layer of dirt on a clean floor. Keep the pad clean with hot water or washer. Avoid use of colored fabrics to refrain from streaking.
How to clean laminate wood floors
Here are some simple ways to clean your laminate floor.
- It is important to regularly mop or vacuuming your laminate floor.
- Steam cleaners and wet mops could damage your laminate floor, so don’t use these.
- If you find any spills on your floor clean it immediately. When you find spills use a damp cloth to wipe out it.
- You can use nail polish remover with a clean white cloth for rough spots like oil, paint, ink, tar etc.
- You cannot use any kind of polishing machine.
- Use plastic scraper for candle wax and chewing gum.
High gloss laminate floor cleaning
I’m going to tell you how to keep the shine of a laminated floor.
For this purpose, you have to use good and quality full laminate floor cleaning tools.
- You can use a rag or a wet mop to clean it up.
- Make sure that you don’t saturate the mop though.
- You can use an electric broom to clean and shine the laminate floor.
- You can also use cleanser spray for the better shine of your laminate floor.
- After you spray it don’t let it sit there too long because what will happen is it’ll work its way down into these seams here of your laminate flooring and cause them to buckle.
- Now we’ll just go ahead and wipe up the area.
You’ll want to go ahead and do this about two or three times a month.
How to prevent footprints on laminate floors
- First of all, take the best quality full floor cleansing spray (like a homemade vinegar solution).
- Find out the footprint.
- Spray the area where you find out footprint.
- Drag with enough thick grade of paper towel.
- Wipe with a second paper towel on the spot.
- All the footprints, spot, and marks will be gone.
- Never use Liquid soap or any other cleaner as it will show lines.
Cleaning laminate floors with a steam mop
You choice the idea of swift and simple cleaning with a steam mop. Now there is a question could you use it for the laminate floor?
The answer is no, now I’ll explain why.
There is nothing to fear, though, I got some solutions! I wouldn’t leave you high and dry. I know you want to get the job done more rapidly and simply.
There’re some natural components, in the mix and a dazzling topcoat built in. You do have to be alert about how you clean laminate floor.
It’s sensitive to temperature, wetness, dampness, and moisture.
So basically, why shouldn’t use a steam mop?
Think about laminate as being made of a tier of wallpaper. The top layer is very slim components.
Steam is both temp and wet and how do you disconnect the wallpaper when you want to change it?
Now you use steam!
How to disinfect laminate floors
If you have to keep the house clean, there is no such thing that you have to keep it ‘sanitized’. It’s actually unhealthy for a child to live with that condition.
The germs are part of life and are as bad as many good types.
If you want to disinfect your laminate floor, mopping and sweeping your floors is enough, no need to crazy about germ.
We use white vinegar and distill water and some drops of lemon or lime essential oil so that it gives a nice smell.
I almost sweep every day and also mop every two or three days. Our house is clean and dirty. Because of the busyness, we have to limit what we do.
Because I do not use vinegar on everything that is not beneath (such as counters, etc.) but just because I have a mop for the floor for me.
I love that thing! Steam mop sweep sanitizes and I like that I do not clean the nasty pricy chemicals with water!
If you’ve just placed a laminate floor, then you might be asking how to clean laminate floors. It’s a little bit different than what you might be used to, but fortunately, it’s an easy process overall.
Here’s what you need to keep in mind for the most part: laminate floors are overcast in plastic, they are not hardwood. This means that, cleaning them in different ways if you think of them as wood. You’re basically cleaning plastic, so you’ll able to use a different method.
Who am I: I am a Home Improvement Specialist, Cleaning Expert, Product Reviewer. Why I write: To write a blog that broadens readers’ horizons and offer new solutions they can apply to their home. Who I write for: My family, my friends, my neighbors, myself, and most importantly you. Where do I write? homeplix.com, a blog solely focused on giving away home improvements suggestions.